Friday, July 20, 2007

Sugar

Talking about Sugar, if you have read my profile you would know that I love cooking. Most of the time my favorite recipes are main dishes. I like sweets but they are not what floats my boat. I love trying new ways to cook chicken, beef, pork, and turkey. However, I do like my children to have healthy, after school snacks.

I thought long and hard about including recipes on my blog but I just could not resist sharing some of my favorite family recipes. With that said, I hope you will understand why I include a few of my tried and true recipes with the public at large.


I have to include mention of my favorite cooking web-site. Cooking Light is the best! It takes many old fashioned favorites that many people use and re-vamps them into heart healthy recipes. A good example would be Lasagna.

My best cookie recipe is Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. The shelf life on these cookies are several weeks in length if you can keep your family from eating them all at once. My daughter eats them so fast that I've had to start making a double batch, otherwise I don't get any.

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
1 Cup Margarine or Shortening (Shortening will make softer cookies)
3/4 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 3.5 Ounce Package of Instant Vanilla Pudding (generic pudding actually works better and you can use chocolate or butterscotch flavored pudding)
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/4 cup Spooned, Unsifted Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 12 Ounce Package of Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Chopped nuts


Cream together margarine/shortening, sugars, and instant pudding. Once the shortening, sugars and dry pudding is smooth and creamy, add the eggs and vanilla. Beat well until Fluffy. Measure and mix the flour and soda together in a seperate bowl and then gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts, drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool for 2 minutes, remove cookies from the pan and cool the cookies thoroughly before placing in your favorite cookie jar.

2 comments:

Rayne said...

This sounds like a wonderful recipe. I can't wait to try it.
Oh, by the way, I mentioned your blog in the Brand New Blogs section of the site. If you want to see it you can go here:
http://www.somanystories.com/outstanding.html#new

B. Fred said...

Thanks, I didn't know that there was a spot for nominations. I popped over there and visited some of the recommended sites. There was some good stories and pictures.