Monday, July 16, 2007

Opps....There Goes My Wallet

Yesterday, I was standing in line at the grocery store, when the man in front of me accidentally dropped his wallet. It seems to be typical of many people that they stuff everything into their wallet. This man was no exception. Don dropped a ton of credit cards, business cards, etc. all over the floor. He bent down to pick them up and dropped some more. He continued to pick them up and what do you know, dropped them again.

I was standing behind him and the longer I watched the more I smiled. I couldn't help myself because what was going through my mind was a similar incident. I dropped my stuff all over the place and the more I tried to pick my stuff up, the more I dropped.

Someone else might have gotten upset because he was holding up the line but all I could see was myself in a similar circumstance. When something like this happens a person feels embarrassed, hurried because they don't want to hold up the people in line, flustered because you can't find your credit card and you still have to pay for your purchase. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

No comments: