Friday, September 26, 2008

Our first 2008 Competition

Tomorrow marks the first competition of Bellevue East's Marching Band. We will be traveling to Sioux City, IA to compete. I can't wait, or is that I can wait? I will be participating this year as a chaperone for every competion. Looking forward to the School bus ride, not!

It really will be fun! The young people are remarkably behaved for 14-18 year olds. We'll be back around midnight--wait isn't that a song?

We will be traveling to four other places with the next to last competition, an over night stay, in St. Louis, Missouri.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Do you mean the band from Bellevue, as in Bellevue, Iowa? Small town outside of Dubuque? (I ask that because you mention going to Souix City, Iowa.)
I grew up in Dubuque, and the word Bellevue caught my eye.
My son is in a marching band also, and he too, has his first competition tomorrow....but we're waaaay down south now.

B. Fred said...

This would be Bellevue, Nebraska. Relatively speaking, not that far off.