Saturday, September 8, 2007

Life can be painful

I've noticed that recently there has been a turn to the dark side in my post content. It's not meant to be, as Winnie the Pooh stated when rabbit called down his door. If you don't know what I'm talking about then it's time for you to watch "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" all over again. The tune to Pooh's exercise song is running through my head as I write this.

There have been some things in our lives, recently, that have been difficult but I feel that it will all turn out for the better. As corny as it sounds, when a door closes, somewhere a window opens. It takes faith, love and open eyes to find that window.

One of my husband's uncles (and he has quite a few), has been undergoing medical procedures to conquer cancer. It is not working and he has returned home with Hospice help.

During this difficult time there is one thing that has been helping our family and that is a website called Care Pages. It is designed to help loved ones with difficult family illnesses.

I was reading some of their tips and they struck a cord of truth. When someone is going through a difficult time it does not matter how you feel. What is important is to remember that the words you send, whether it is a simple "I love you," an "I remember when," or an "I don't know what to say" comment lets these people know that you care. And, when you come right down to it that is what is most important, letting people (loved ones) know what and how you are feeling. I know it can be hard, especially for some people, but going out on a limb can be very rewarding. Chance is part of life and if you don't take it by letting people know how you feel you may as well crawl into a hole and throw the dirt over your head.

You're not a hermit crab so go out there and LIVE!

2 comments:

Mary said...

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

We are kinda going through the same types of things with my in-laws. Typing out some happy posts, or watching Winnie The Pooh, can help lift your spirits a bit. Even if for a fleeting moment.

Go pop that movie in.

Rayne said...

I am sorry to hear about your husband's Uncle. It's never easy having to let go.
I also apologize for not being around much, I've not been doing well. Very glad to see you are keeping your blog going.