Monday, August 6, 2007

Little Did He Know

I started a new job recently that is located to the most tempting shopping area. Shopping, most people like (or love) to go looking for a new pair of shoes or a fantastic new outfit, but my idea of shopping heaven is the local garden store.

When telling my husband about this prospective job I purposely neglected to tell me that it was right next door to the fantastic gardening store, Mulhalls. My husband enjoys the work I put into the garden but he KNOWS that I get carried away. One year I had so many plans on my plate that I couldn't get all the manure into the ground. I just ran out of time. And, of course, he dislikes working outside when it is hot and humid, which in my area, is quite often. This means that any plans I make, I had better be sure that I can complete them because he is no help whats-so-ever. This isn't a mean or bad statement about my husband, it's just the way he is. On the other hand, if I really needed the help he would lend a hand. This way I get the satisfaction of knowing that the success in the garden is the result of my own two hands.

So, when I finally told him about the fact that Mulhalls is literally across the street from where I work, his response was, Eye's rolling--"uh-huh, now I know why you wanted that job." It takes a lot of restraint but so far I haven't bought a thing. Although, it does make a nice place to take a walk during lunch hour.

Mulhalls is fantastic! They have this jingle on the radio that goes "Mulhalls has it all." It really does! I spent a 1/2 hour just walking through the water fountains and statues. I still didn't see it all. That's going to take many more hours of walking and admiring. I can't wait to see what they will have up for the Halloween season.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds like me in a fabric store!